- Approximately a 2.5 hour role play that includes, phone calls, chats and emails.
- Resembles what it's like to be a Guru, and what working in Shopify Support is like.
- Is designed to be challenging; expect to feel the pressure!
- Please have a gmail e-mail address handy before your Gauntlet. This will create a seamless interaction during chats. If you do not have this already, you can click here to sign-up for an account.
What to Expect:
- Your first call is the Value Added Call. This gives you an opportunity to highlight any product or service you're passionate about to the Builder and make it irresistible to them! The end goal is to teach your Builder enough about the subject that they either want whatever you’re offering, or they could turn around and confidently offer it to a stranger. This is all communicated over the phone, and you won’t be allowed to use any visual context, only verbal. (About 10 min)
- You will be asked to respond to questions commonly asked by merchants on a day-to-day basis.
- You will receive a ton of feedback with a chance to revise and incorporate it into your interactions.
- Our merchants trust us and we're a highly engaged team. We're looking for you to show us that you've got Guru in your DNA.
How to prepare:
- Have your headphones handy, you'll be taking calls while searching for information, it's easier to do without a phone in one hand!
Communication is key to being a great Guru. Check out this sample email. One is great and one is really terrible. Can you tell the difference?
- Spend some time checking out the Shopify Ecommerce Forums to get an idea of the types of questions you might be asked.
Tips for Success:
- 80% of the Guru role is communicating with merchants over the phone. You'll want to be engaging, informative, succinct, and in control. Your voice, tone, and personality must shine all aspects of communication.
- Make sure you include links to resources in order to make your reply as close to perfect the first time around.
- Proofread! Proofread again!
- Be cautious of your time during the Gauntlet.
- Be yourself. The best conversations are human conversations.
- Make sure you have spoken to the Squad Lead before you begin so you know who to reach out to if you have questions. If you need help or clarification, please ask! More communication with the Squad Lead running the Gauntlet is better than none.
If you have read all of this, check out this extra page.