- Go into the calls with an open mind and eager to learn as you go.
- Introduce yourself, don’t forget that you’re a Shopify Guru for these scenarios!
- Be curious! Ask the merchants questions about their business and make sure to clarify details about the issue they're facing.
- Own each and every thing.
- Show them how to do something, even if it takes 5x longer than you just doing it for them.
- When in doubt, why not make some conversation and talk about the “merchant’s” business while finding the answer.
- You're a person with opinions, likes, dislikes, hobbies, etc... you have the freedom to let your personality shine.
- Say hello, and introduce yourself!
- Be direct, even if the outcome isn't what the merchant wants to hear.
- Don't be afraid to use emoticons like you were talking to your best friend. Robots don't smile, and they’re certainly not empathetic. Use your empathy to the fullest when the situation calls for it =)
- Don’t forget to be resourceful, chats also support links to additional information.
- Look for ways you can help. You can learn so much about a merchant’s business by starting a conversation.
- Get your hands dirty. Sometimes the news you have to give has to be crappy news, but customers appreciate that. Trying extra hard to have a positive spin on EVERYTHING sometimes leads to beating around the bush, which is frustrating. Don't be afraid to say "no".
- Remember to use your own words, human conversations also include not copy and pasting pre-written materials.
- Proofread, and make sure the information is presented in an easy to read and professional format.
- Use empathy—as with chats, emails should also be about human conversations.
- Make sure you’re balanced in your responses. You’ll need to be fast but also detailed, finding that perfect middle ground is key. Watch the clock, be mindful and respectful of the timelines provided to you.