The Gauntlet Toolkit
Make sure to have the tools needed to tackle the gauntlet. You will need to:
For part of your gauntlet you will be using a chat widget to simulate a live interaction and you will write an e-mail later on as well. These are best done when you have the correct tools, and a desktop computer or laptop are ideal.
- The only software you’ll need is the latest version of Skype for Desktop (Download the latest version of Skype here) and the latest version of Google Chrome (Download the latest version of Chrome here).
- Make a test call on Skype to avoid any connection issues during the Gauntlet. Find instructions on how to do that here: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA265/how-do-i-test-my-sound-is-working-in-skype-make-an-echo-test-call
The gauntlet can be intimidating, but you can be better prepared by:
Shopify provides a convenient 14-day-free-trial (no credit card required) to merchants. If you haven’t already we recommend opening your own trial store and do the following:
- Download any one of our free themes
- Add pictures to your theme
- Create different products
- Create collections for those products
- Create a drop-down menu to display on your storefront
- Create a blog post
- Create an about us page
- Create a test transaction using the test payment gateway
- Refund this test transaction
- Create a draft order
- Install the app “Product Reviews” by Shopify
- Explore and play with any part of the admin!
We have a handy practice gauntlet right here! (https://supporthiring.shopify.com/pages/gauntlet-challenge). Check it out!
While Shopify Gurus do have some internal resources for the role, all questions asked within the Gauntlet will have public solutions. Use our help documents or a Google search query to find what you’re looking for. Shopify also has a handy app store that can also be utilized. Still stuck? Don’t forget the most important tool in your arsenal: ask questions until you fully understand the problem!
The fewer distractions and background noise you have, the better you can focus and communicate with your Gauntlet coordinator.
A solid, wired, internet connection can help mitigate any flustering connectivity issues.
Try to be on Skype at least 5 minutes before the Gauntlet to ensure you and the Gauntlet coordinator are connected and can start on time.
You’re all set! Make sure to be yourself and take a deep breath when you get stuck.